H4 Petition followed by F1

txstate_usa

My husband is in H-1B and his employer applied for H1/H4 visa extension in the last week of NOV '13.  During 2nd week of DEC '13, I applied for COS from H4 to F1 via my University DSO (International Office). Now am worried if my F1 gets approved first followed by H4.

1) What will happen to my F1 ? 

2) Will I get to choose one if both are approved (obviously the F1)?

3) Will the first approved visa be rejected over the second ? (i.e.) will the H4 over-ride my F1?

I am really confused/worried. Any input will be really helpful for me and for those similar in my situation.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

My husband is in H-1B and his employer applied for H1/H4 visa extension in the last week of NOV '13.  During 2nd week of DEC '13, I applied for COS from H4 to F1 via my University DSO (International Office). Now am worried if my F1 gets approved first followed by H4.

1) What will happen to my F1 ? 

2) Will I get to choose one if both are approved (obviously the F1)?

3) Will the first approved visa be rejected over the second ? (i.e.) will the H4 over-ride my F1?

I am really confused/worried. Any input will be really helpful for me and for those similar in my situation.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

If your H4 gets approved after F1 approval then you will be on H4 status. To move back to F1 either you apply again COS or exit and enter with a F1 visa.

Archived