Does freelance experience count for the H-1B visa requirement ?

PRaj

I have 2 1/2 year associate degree from a Asian country , and I have 3 year working experience after that first 3 year I started to work as a freelancer through *******.com , and I am continue sly working since 2010 (4 years) . So will I be able to count my freelance experience for the H-1B visa process . Because I have already selected from USA government education institute as a computer programmer.

I have 2 1/2 year associate degree from a Asian country , and I have 3 year working experience after that first 3 year I started to work as a freelancer through *******.com , and I am continue sly working since 2010 (4 years) . So will I be able to count my freelance experience for the H-1B visa process . Because I have already selected from USA government education institute as a computer programmer.

For H1 you should have 4yrs of bachelors, if your total exp + associate degree is equivalent to US bachelor's degree then you can.

So contact an attorney.

Yes I know H1 need 4 year bachelor degree or 12 year working experience , My question is the freelance experience does count for that 12 years (or no. of years) experience ?

It is relevant experience in the field. If that was through employment or freelancing is irrelevant.

You would have to be able to show the dates of the work, though.

Archived