Can i Apply H1B with MSC Chemistry as Educational background

Happy123

Hi Friends,

I am working in an MNC as data stage developer for  6 years in india and my education background is Masters in chemistry.

I applied for H! in 2013 and on Nov 2013 i saw the status as RFE.Came to Know form Employer that two queries were raised.One about the Employer Financial record and other one is about my education back ground.I submitted the supportive documents for education .Last month ,I saw online status as denied.

Called up the employer to check the reason.He says its because of my education background.

I am planning to apply H1b this year.

Does My Education stream becomes an obstacle even though i have 6 years of IT experience ?

Awaiting for your reply.

Hi Friends,

I am working in an MNC as data stage developer for  6 years in india and my education background is Masters in chemistry.

I applied for H! in 2013 and on Nov 2013 i saw the status as RFE.Came to Know form Employer that two queries were raised.One about the Employer Financial record and other one is about my education back ground.I submitted the supportive documents for education .Last month ,I saw online status as denied.

Called up the employer to check the reason.He says its because of my education background.

Does My Education stream becomes an obstacle even though i have 6 years of IT experience ?

Awaiting for your reply.

If you are looking at a job in IT field on H1B then you cannot apply for one with a degree in chemistry.

Hi Friends,

Awaiting for your reply.

For H1 approval, you need to have atleast 4 yrs of degree from the field directly related to your H1 job.

If you have a bachelor's degree in IT then you are eligible for IT job in H1.

For an H1, you need to have the equivalent of a 4-year US bachelor degree in the field. Your degree does not qualify for an H1 in IT.

Alternatively, it is possible to substitute 3 years of relevant experience in the field for one year of study towards the degree. That means, if you don't have studied a CS-related field, you would need 12 years of experience to be able to get an H1 in a CS-related field.

Archived