Contracting Experience Counted?

I was with company ABC for 3 years as a contractor/consultant. My primary employer was company XYZ and my position was Programmer/Analyst. After 3 years of contracting, company ABC hired me as a full time employee and my title is Software Engineer now. Can my consulting experience be counted in my GC process of EB2? Although I was working at the same location, my pay checks were coming from my primary organization i.e. XYZ .. Please help..

I was with company ABC for 3 years as a contractor/consultant. My primary employer was company XYZ and my position was Programmer/Analyst. After 3 years of contracting, company ABC hired me as a full time employee and my title is Software Engineer now. Can my consulting experience be counted in my GC process of EB2? Although I was working at the same location, my pay checks were coming from my primary organization i.e. XYZ .. Please help..

That 3 yrs of exp you gained is by working for XYZ, not for ABC. XYZ placed you at ABC.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes it can given different FEIN but it's gray area. Consider talking to attorney.

• 4 months later...

Archived