F-1 visa approved but error in DS-160

vishwa_84

Hi,

My wife recently applied for F-1 visa and her visa was approved. Her interview was done with no problems and her F-1 visa was issued.

But we noticed that the her mother's birth date is off by one in the filed DS-160 form. The birth date should be 1961 but she put in 1962. In her mother's passport her birth date is 1961. I think her plan earlier was to correct this error during the interview but she couldn't as she forgot all about this.

My question is will this cause a problem in the future? How do I correct this error after the interview and visa approved? Is it worth correcting this error? I am confused. Please help.

Hi,

My wife recently applied for F-1 visa and her visa was approved. Her interview was done with no problems and her F-1 visa was issued.

But we noticed that the her mother's birth date is off by one in the filed DS-160 form. The birth date should be 1961 but she put in 1962. In her mother's passport her birth date is 1961. I think her plan earlier was to correct this error during the interview but she couldn't as she forgot all about this.

My question is will this cause a problem in the future? How do I correct this error after the interview and visa approved? Is it worth correcting this error? I am confused. Please help.

No problem at all.

Hello vishwa, sorry I cannot help you much here about the correction. ?MAy be check the USCIS website and also contact your DSO? ??It may be better to fix it since you may need the correct date if the person is visiting US and then they need to get the visa.

Can I ask you - was this a post-change of status interview?

I would contact the DSO and check about this. The DS160 fix may be a simple one or a complicated one..Either way, it is better to check with your DSO.

Personally, I wouldn't fix it because it is not mine. As long as lla information on my visa is accurate, and I-94, I don't think I need to worry.

IS she still studying or she is on training period?

Archived