H1B from Profit college!!!!

rawbee

Hi All,
For H1b Master's cap : The beneficiary's U.S. degree must be issued by an institution of higher education that is "a public or other nonprofit institution." The institution must also be "accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association" or "granted a pre-accreditation status." 

I earned my degree from one of the profit college which is accredited. I applied H1 in 2013 and approved. I am in H1b now. I heard that when we do H1 amendment or extension, they are revoking/denying the H1 because of profit college degree. I am planing to do my first time visa stamping very soon but before that i need to do my H1 amendment ( since i am working with new client now).

Can we do visa stamping without amendment tho i have LCA for new client?

Anyone has h1 from master from those profit school? Please share your experiences

Hi All,

For H1b Master's cap : The beneficiary's U.S. degree must be issued by an institution of higher education that is "a public or other nonprofit institution." The institution must also be "accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency or association" or "granted a pre-accreditation status." 

I earned my degree from one of the profit college which is accredited. I applied H1 in 2013 and approved. I am in H1b now. I heard that when we do H1 amendment or extension, they are revoking/denying the H1 because of profit college degree. I am planing to do my first time visa stamping very soon but before that i need to do my H1 amendment ( since i am working with new client now).

Anyone has h1 from master from those profit school? Please share your experiences

If your H1B petition was approved under master's quota with a degree from a profit institution whether you get an amendment or extension done or not it will be cancelled.

Hi All,

If you have used your master's degree then you are in trouble.

Contact some good attorney for help.

Generally in 2013 attorneys were not filing under the "US Masters cap" (advanced degree exemption) if the advanced degree was from a for-profit university. Was "Masters Cap" selected on the I-129 supplement form? On what date was your petition filed with USCIS?

If the petition was filed under regular cap or was filed on a date that the regular cap was still open, you will probably be ok.

You will have difficulty at a consulate in India, and probably any other consulate, if you do not have an amendment filed reflecting your current work site location.

Hello Attorney_25,

The petition was filled on April, 2013 under advanced cap. and Its approved around end of June,2013. I was in OPT during that time. From OCT my status is changed from F1 to H1.  Is it possible to apply new H1 under regular cap this year from same employer?

Thank you.

Hello Attorney_25,

The petition was filled on April, 2013 under advanced cap. and Its approved around end of June,2013. I was in OPT during that time. From OCT my status is changed from F1 to H1.  Is it possible to apply new H1 under regular cap this year from same employer?

Thank you.

Hi, did you have any luck in finding additional information?

I have a friend who is in same situation, can you please update your profile with your contact details to share some info.

Thanks

Archived