First time H1B Visa Stamping before Expiration and after renewal

moulivelamati

Hi

My current H1B visa (F1 -> H1 transfer) will expire in Dec 2014. I am with same employer since start of my H1B visa and will be. As I can apply for renewal before 6 months of expiration date, if I applied around July 2014 with premium processing and assume extension approved for 3 years i.e till Dec 2017. I have couple of questions regarding my first time H1B visa stamping.

1) Can I go for first time H1B visa stamping in Oct 2014 (current one expire in Dec 2014) using the extension approved till Dec 2017?

2) If yes, can I get visa stamp till the extension approved date i.e Dec 2017 or only until the current expiration date i.e Dec 2014?

Please advise.

Thank you

Mouli

Hi

My current H1B visa (F1 -> H1 transfer) will expire in Dec 2014. I am with same employer since start of my H1B visa and will be. As I can apply for renewal before 6 months of expiration date, if I applied around July 2014 with premium processing and assume extension approved for 3 years i.e till Dec 2017. I have couple of questions regarding my first time H1B visa stamping.

1) Can I go for first time H1B visa stamping in Oct 2014 (current one expire in Dec 2014) using the extension approved till Dec 2017?

2) If yes, can I get visa stamp till the extension approved date i.e Dec 2017 or only until the current expiration date i.e Dec 2014?

Please advise.

Thank you

Mouli

1. Yes.

2. Show both I797s to VO during visa interview.

Archived