Travel to US on B1/B2 while J1 Waiver in progress.

Atish82

My Fiance was working on J1 Visa as a Post Doc. Research Fellow in US. Due to personal reason she was unable to continue the program and left it before completion. She was working from April 4, 2013 – Sept 12, 2013. Her SEVIS was inactivated on Sept, 23 and I left US on Oct, 1. Now she has filed her J1 waiver based upon No Objection Statement and expecting decision soon. Before going to US on J1 visa, She was already holding B1/B2 visa, which is valid till 2018. Now she is planing to visit me in US

Based upon above information i have following questions:

• Can she travel to US on B1/B2 Visa while J1 waiver is in progress?
  • She is planning to travel in April 2014, seven months after she left US. Will this have any impact on her entry on B1/B2 Visa?
  • Any possibility that port of entry officer grant shorter than 6 month stay in US?

Thanks.

My Fiance was working on J1 Visa as a Post Doc. Research Fellow in US. Due to personal reason she was unable to continue the program and left it before completion. She was working from April 4, 2013 – Sept 12, 2013. Her SEVIS was inactivated on Sept, 23 and I left US on Oct, 1. Now she has filed her J1 waiver based upon No Objection Statement and expecting decision soon. Before going to US on J1 visa, She was already holding B1/B2 visa, which is valid till 2018. Now she is planing to visit me in US

Based upon above information i have following questions:

• Can she travel to US on B1/B2 Visa while J1 waiver is in progress?
  • She is planning to travel in April 2014, seven months after she left US. Will this have any impact on her entry on B1/B2 Visa?
  • Any possibility that port of entry officer grant shorter than 6 month stay in US?

Thanks.

1. Yes.

2. No impact.

3. Cannot predict that.

Archived