H1 Questions

sonylucky

Hi,

Jumping on to point directly….Last year My H1 was denied. though it is, as my job is not related to my background, this is purely bcoz of attorney. he did not guide me correctly in providing all the docs. As this was my 1st H1 i don't have sufficient knowledge while submitting docs to RFE. My employer filed MTR and its still in Initial Review.  So, Right now i joined in another Masters, Doing MIS now and my employer is willing to file a H1 this year again.

My questions:

1) As my H1 got picked in lottery last year, are there any chances of getting picked this year also ? or can i reference any i597 doc while applying H1 ?

2) Do i have to cancel my current MTR, to apply a new H1 or leave that aside and can apply another new H1 this year without canceling MTR ?

Hi,

Jumping on to point directly….Last year My H1 was denied. though it is, as my job is not related to my background, this is purely bcoz of attorney. he did not guide me correctly in providing all the docs. As this was my 1st H1 i don't have sufficient knowledge while submitting docs to RFE. My employer filed MTR and its still in Initial Review.  So, Right now i joined in another Masters, Doing MIS now and my employer is willing to file a H1 this year again.

My questions:

1) As my H1 got picked in lottery last year, are there any chances of getting picked this year also ? or can i reference any i597 doc while applying H1 ?

2) Do i have to cancel my current MTR, to apply a new H1 or leave that aside and can apply another new H1 this year without canceling MTR ?

1. No.

2. I believe your MTR can proceed on one side and an employer can still file a H1B petition as it was denied last year.

No. It was more likely denied because you were considered unqualified for the specialty occupation requiring specific educational requirements.

Until you have completed a degree in the field, you will have the same issue.

Your employer can apply again. The selection of the petition on your behalf last year does not impact this years process.

My questions:

1. No one on this planet will assure that your app will be picked or not.

2. No need to do.

Archived