My EB2 approve. Spouse unlinked EB3 case also approved. Need help

prengs

I filed under EB2 and did not add my spouse as dependent. She applied via her company under EB3.

Now my PD became current and my I-485 got approved. But at the same time, my wife's 485 which is no way linked to mine got approved.

Can somebody help me understand this. Iam planning to reach out to either an attorney or a USCIS agent office representative.

Don't worry, the lawyer of your spouse may have claimed an interfile benefit and adjusted her priority date to be yours

When you receive the 485 approval original, check to see the column called COA (if it begins with E2, then it should be linked automatically to your case) Even if it says E3, it is still not a big deal

So don't worry

Enjoy the status

Originally posted by Belle:

Well, the USCIS connects the dots sometimes. She will have her category listed on the card. I bet she was approved as your derivative.

So if its automatic derivate it would be good. As soon as we get the card, I guess we will know for sure with the category.

Originally posted by my2239:

Don't worry, the lawyer of your spouse may have claimed an interfile benefit and adjusted her priority date to be yours

When you receive the 485 approval original, check to see the column called COA (if it begins with E2, then it should be linked automatically to your case) Even if it says E3, it is still not a big deal

So don't worry

Enjoy the status

We checked with my wife's lawyer and they confirmed they did not do an interfile and did not do any adjustment on PD. So hence our confusion.

Archived