New H1 based on expired H1 approval

write2kavitha

Hello,

My scenario is as follows:

I have my H1 approval which was from 2007 Oct (valid till 2010 Oct) and I have never entered into USA by using this H1 approval. But now I have got a project offer from another company, Can the previous approval be used and can I have my H1 transfer done successfully? 

Your response is very much appreciated.

Hello,

I have my H1 approval which was from 2007 Oct (valid till 2010 Oct) and I have never entered into USA by using this H1 approval. But now I have got a project offer from another company, Can the previous approval be used and can I have my H1 transfer done successfully? 

Yes, new employer files a cap exempt H1B petition using old H1B petition approval notice.

Thank You for your response Jairichi.

Just to add to the below scenario: The past H1 approval is not with me currently. I only have the receipt number. Is it still ok to get the transfer done?

Please respond.

Hello,

Thank You for your response Jairichi.

Just to add to the below scenario: The past H1 approval is not with me currently. I only have the receipt number. Is it still ok to get the transfer done?

Please respond.

Hello,

Should be fine as long as you have the receipt number. If you would like to get the approval notice file a FOIA with USCIS.

Archived