Incorrect name printed on I20 by College

ssara

Hi,

My college has mis-spelt my First name in my I20 form, that I will need to use to file my F1 Visa. Is it ok to go ahead with F1 visa filing or is it an absolute must that I get this corrected?

My haste in this is because I need to have my F1 approved by mid of May, so that I can start my last semester on F1 Visa, which starts in June '14.

Background: I am currently on H4 and doing my 2nd Sem in a MS program, which would end in May '14. I intend to move to F1 Visa to do my last semester so that I can avail OPT.

Hi,

My college has mis-spelt my First name in my I20 form, that I will need to use to file my F1 Visa. Is it ok to go ahead with F1 visa filing or is it an absolute must that I get this corrected?

My haste in this is because I need to have my F1 approved by mid of May, so that I can start my last semester on F1 Visa, which starts in June '14.

Background: I am currently on H4 and doing my 2nd Sem in a MS program, which would end in May '14. I intend to move to F1 Visa to do my last semester so that I can avail OPT.

Ask your school to rectify the mistake in I-20.

You should be correcting this. Can you imagine the consequences? MY school did the same mistake but I caught it right there while I was in their office and the changed it, re-printed and gave me the I-20.

This is a quick fix, cal lthe DSO right away and inform about the needed change., Go pick up your new I-20 and mail it out.

Archived