Inviting parents and in-laws together

abhisheks77

Hi,

I am in US on L1 visa from past one year and will stay for 2 more years. I want to invite my mother and in-laws to stay with us for one month. My father-in-law is a Govt employee in Delhi, so visa should not be big problem.

But my mother stays with my brother in Bangalore and she does not have any bank account or property on her name. I can put some money in my account to show that I can sponsor them. My few doubts are -

1- I have 3000$ in my Bank of America account, will need more. If I take personal loan of 7000$ from any bank, is it ok for few months ? I mean, will visa officer come to know that I have taken loan ?

2- For how long should I keep some big amount in my account, before applying for their Visa.

3- At many blog it is mentioned that it should be $5000 per person ideally (though it is not a fixed or written statement). Does it mean that I should have around 15k in my account ? My in-laws will apply in Delhi and mother will apply in Bangalore.

Regards

Abhishek

Hi,

I am in US on L1 visa from past one year and will stay for 2 more years. I want to invite my mother and in-laws to stay with us for one month. My father-in-law is a Govt employee in Delhi, so visa should not be big problem.

But my mother stays with my brother in Bangalore and she does not have any bank account or property on her name. I can put some money in my account to show that I can sponsor them. My few doubts are -

1- I have 3000$ in my Bank of America account, will need more. If I take personal loan of 7000$ from any bank, is it ok for few months ? I mean, will visa officer come to know that I have taken loan ?

2- For how long should I keep some big amount in my account, before applying for their Visa.

3- At many blog it is mentioned that it should be $5000 per person ideally (though it is not a fixed or written statement). Does it mean that I should have around 15k in my account ? My in-laws will apply in Delhi and mother will apply in Bangalore.

Regards

Abhishek

There is no sponsorship involved for a visitor visa. They should be able to convince VO that they have strong ties to home country and they intends to return back to home country.

Taking a loan to artificially inflate your assets will likely be discovered and prejudice the case against their visas.

You eventually have to repay a loan. Since you will be spending that money on their support and have been unable to save much during your year here from your income, you will be in a bad way in the future.

If they can afford to fund their own trip, they should do so. If not, work harder on saving for their visit.

Archived