H1 VISA Approved - Coming to US after 8/9 months of VISA Approval

sra123

Hi

How are you doing!
I've applied for H1 in 2013 from India and my petition got approved last month and received the papers.
But I've got a job in September 2013 in UK, and I've taken up that opportunity. There is a contract in the current company due to which I've to stay here in UK for atleast 1 yr, otherwise, I'll have to pay the visa and travel expenditure to the company which has sponsored me for Tier 2 General.

My question is, if I get my H1 approved now(Say March 2014), Can i take up that job after Oct/Nov, 2014? Provided the visa is issued till beyond that period, ofcourse.

And Is there a chance that I would get deported in US stating the gap b/w my VISA start date and the date I've entered USA? (I've heard this from my friend). What are the chances.

Or can I attend the interview during Aug/Sept, 2014 so that I can enter USA in Oct/Nov. If this is the case, Is there any chance that since it was applied in Apr 2013, and attending the interview in 2014, it would get rejected?

Please provide your wisdom on this.

Regards
Sra

Hi

How are you doing!

I've applied for H1 in 2013 from India and my petition got approved last month and received the papers.

But I've got a job in September 2013 in UK, and I've taken up that opportunity. There is a contract in the current company due to which I've to stay here in UK for atleast 1 yr, otherwise, I'll have to pay the visa and travel expenditure to the company which has sponsored me for Tier 2 General.

My question is, if I get my H1 approved now(Say March 2014), Can i take up that job after Oct/Nov, 2014? Provided the visa is issued till beyond that period, ofcourse.

And Is there a chance that I would get deported in US stating the gap b/w my VISA start date and the date I've entered USA? (I've heard this from my friend). What are the chances.

Or can I attend the interview during Aug/Sept, 2014 so that I can enter USA in Oct/Nov. If this is the case, Is there any chance that since it was applied in Apr 2013, and attending the interview in 2014, it would get rejected?

Please provide your wisdom on this.

Regards

Sra

As long as employer does not revoke your H1B petition and that job is still available for you with that employer at the time of entry it should not be a problem.

Hi 

THanks for the replies. Very infromative.

Regd. the reply 'Applications in April are for Oct 1 start at earliest'

Is this still applicable even if the VISA is approved till 2016? Should I start before October even if the VISA is till 2016?

Regards

Sra

Since your H1B petition was approved in 2013 the earliest start date was Oct 1st 2013. Now, you can join anytime.

Hi

Sorry for asking the question again, just for clarity.

If I get the visa approved in Feb 2014 (2013 Cap), and is given till Oct 2016, And if I come to USA in Jan, 2015, Will the Immigration in USA cause any problems like

1. Pointing to the gap between the date visa is approved( and valid which is Feb, 2014) and the date of entry(jan 2015), which is almost 10 months from the date of visa approval, or almost 20 months from the date of application(Apr, 2013)?

2. Are there any instances where the Immigration would deport me from the airport itself showing the gap as a reason?

Why I'm asking this is because one of my friends said if the gap is more, they would feel suspicious of you as coming for an umbrella company, and not actual job, and would deport. His theory was a wild guess, but dont want to take chances.

Regards

Sra

Hi

Sorry for asking the question again, just for clarity.

If I get the visa approved in Feb 2014 (2013 Cap), and is given till Oct 2016, And if I come to USA in Jan, 2015, Will the Immigration in USA cause any problems like

1. Pointing to the gap between the date visa is approved( and valid which is Feb, 2014) and the date of entry(jan 2015), which is almost 10 months from the date of visa approval, or almost 20 months from the date of application(Apr, 2013)?

2. Are there any instances where the Immigration would deport me from the airport itself showing the gap as a reason?

Why I'm asking this is because one of my friends said if the gap is more, they would feel suspicious of you as coming for an umbrella company, and not actual job, and would deport. His theory was a wild guess, but dont want to take chances.

Regards

Sra

1. No.

2. No.

Archived