H4 to F1 and travelling

student.1

Hi, I am currently on H4 visa and planning on taking up a degree course here in US. So my visa status will be changed from H4 to F1 and the classes are starting from first week of May 2014. 

My concern is that i have to travel back to india in November 2014 for my brother's wedding.

Question

1- If , while coming back to US, my F1 stamping is rejected then can i re-enter US on H4 ?

2- If yes then can i again get my visa changed my H4 to F1 and continue with my studies here ?

Hi, I am currently on H4 visa and planning on taking up a degree course here in US. So my visa status will be changed from H4 to F1 and the classes are starting from first week of May 2014. 

My concern is that i have to travel back to india in November 2014 for my brother's wedding.

Question

1- If , while coming back to US, my F1 stamping is rejected then can i re-enter US on H4 ?

2- If yes then can i again get my visa changed my H4 to F1 and continue with my studies here ?

1. Yes.

2. Yes, you would need to apply for COS from H4 to F1.

Once you are denied stamping COS will be an issue since COS is not guaranteed.  As long as your H4 is not cancelled, you may use it.  Entry into the US is not guaranteed. WHy are you worried about stamping? If you are attending a legitimate university with sufficient funds, things should be fine.

You need to think about leaving your studies in the middle of a semester. Your brother's wedding is not a good excuse for missing classes.

Archived