H1B 6 years + 365 days

pkarimaraka

Hi,

I completed my 6 years in US and came back to India on April 21st 2012. My wife is still working in US.

Am I eligible for H1 B non-cap extension by coming to US  on H4 after April 21st and get another 6 years of H1 B? 

(or) I should come before April 1st on H4 and apply in the lottery system. If the later is right don't you think that I will lose my 365 days of stay opportunity in India. what is the best thing to do, please help me. 

Hi,

I completed my 6 years in US and came back to India on April 21st 2012. My wife is still working in US.

Am I eligible for H1 B non-cap extension by coming to US  on H4 after April 21st and get another 6 years of H1 B? 

(or) I should come before April 1st on H4 and apply in the lottery system. If the later is right don't you think that I will lose my 365 days of stay opportunity in India. what is the best thing to do, please help me. 

To get 6 years a cap subject H1B petition has to be filed by employer by April 1st 2014. Are you sure you left US on April 12th 2012 and not 2013? If you left by April 12th 2013 then employer can file a cap subject H1B petition only by 21st April 2014.

Archived