Can We work from home on *******.com or any commision based jobs

bharat_410

Hello All,

I am on H1 and my wife is on her F1 doing her MBA with CPT .

My wife works on ******.com, which is for testing some apps and getting paid for each task, may be around $300-$400 per month. They have asked to fill a W9 form with SSN.

Can I fill this with my details being on H1, or can my wife fill this form being on F1 CPT ( not working currently), who is looking for jobs.

Another opportunity,

As my wife was applying online for her jobs, one offer came by of commision based quality control manager, which she can work from home part time (2-3 hrs a day) and get paid similarly as above. Can she do this job with her F1 CPT?

Hello All,

My wife works on *******.com, which is for testing some apps and getting paid for each task, may be around $300-$400 per month. They have asked to fill a W9 form with SSN.

Can I fill this with my details being on H1, or can my wife fill this form being on F1 CPT ( not working currently), who is looking for jobs.

Another opportunity,

As my wife was applying online for her jobs, one offer came by of commision based quality control manager, which she can work from home part time (2-3 hrs a day) and get paid similarly as above. Can she do this job with her F1 CPT?

Is your spouse's CPT an integral part of her curriculum?

You cannot work for any other company other than your H1B employer.

What your wife is doing is ILLEGAL!  She cannot work in some arbitrary job on CPT employment authorization, such as utest.com or some commission based quality control manager,.  This is unauthorized employment.  CPT is curriculum practical training, and must be a published part of a course or degree path,  Everything in your post says her work is not associated with this requirement.  A F-1 visa is for full-time studying to earn a degree -- not a way of getting CPT employment authorization to work in the U.S.  It is not an employment visa or a way to get around not having a H-1B visa.  Further, if you submit your SSN as if you did the work, then you would be participating in your wife's immigration fraud and be committing your own immigration fraud through unauthorized employment while on a H-1B visa.

If you want to be guest of the U.S. have the respect to follow the laws, regulations, and rules instead of looking for ways to get around them.

Hello All,

My wife works on ******.com, which is for testing some apps and getting paid for each task, may be around $300-$400 per month. They have asked to fill a W9 form with SSN.

Another opportunity,

To keep it simple. She is not supposed to do those kinds on jobs on F1.

Just google "CPT abuse", you will know it.

Archived