F2 for Husband and Kid

Swethakreddy

Hello,

I am currently enrolled in the Second Semester of my Masters and will graduate in Dec 2014.

I am planning to bring my Husband and Kid on F2 Visa. Their Visa appointment is scheduled for next week.

My husband has an experience of around 14 years in Sales in MNC's in India. He has applied for a long leave for a period of 1 year. We are also showing bank balance on both our bank accounts, In India and US.

I am an MBA grad and have an experience of 3 years in HR back in India. I took a break when my kid was born and now came to pursue my Masters in US. This was my first F1 I had applied for and it was approved.

I had to go to India in between my first semester as my kid was missing me and not taking my absence well. When I came back the second time to US the Immigration officer was continuously asking if this is my First F1 visa or had I applied and got rejected before... BUt NO! They seem to have a doubt for some reason and I had to wait in the Immigration room for a while...

Q) Does that effect the visa chances for my husband and kid?

1.) What are the chances of approval of F2 visa for both my husband and kid? Many have been saying that F2 's are critical...

2.) What is the average amount that needs to be shown in our accounts, so that visa is not rejected on financial grounds?

3.) Please give any more suggestions that will help us..

Have reviewed many posts here and they are of a great help

Looking forward for your valued suggestions

Thank you

Swetha

Hello,

I am currently enrolled in the Second Semester of my Masters and will graduate in Dec 2014.

I am planning to bring my Husband and Kid on F2 Visa. Their Visa appointment is scheduled for next week.

My husband has an experience of around 14 years in Sales in MNC's in India. He has applied for a long leave for a period of 1 year. We are also showing bank balance on both our bank accounts, In India and US.

I am an MBA grad and have an experience of 3 years in HR back in India. I took a break when my kid was born and now came to pursue my Masters in US. This was my first F1 I had applied for and it was approved.

I had to go to India in between my first semester as my kid was missing me and not taking my absence well. When I came back the second time to US the Immigration officer was continuously asking if this is my First F1 visa or had I applied and got rejected before... BUt NO! They seem to have a doubt for some reason and I had to wait in the Immigration room for a while...

Q) Does that effect the visa chances for my husband and kid?

1.) What are the chances of approval of F2 visa for both my husband and kid? Many have been saying that F2 's are critical...

2.) What is the average amount that needs to be shown in our accounts, so that visa is not rejected on financial grounds?

3.) Please give any more suggestions that will help us..

Have reviewed many posts here and they are of a great help

Looking forward for your valued suggestions

Thank you

Swetha

F2 stamping depends on your ability to support your husband and kid. There is no set amount to be shown in your account. If you can show regular availability of funds every month that can take care of your husband and kid it should be enough.

Archived