Question: Valid H1B petition, visa refused in 2012

pawanverma

Hi,

I was working with employer A on L1B when they filed COS to H1B in 2012. I got my I797, came to India and went for stamping. There I got 221 (g) and asked to submit additional documents. Just after that, I resigned from my employer to pursue higher studies in India and thus my employer didn't furnish those details. I see a note on 221(g) that if the documents are not submitted within a year then consulate suggest it to be cancelled.

Now, post studies, I joined back the same employer and my H1B petition is valid is Oct2014. My question is that can I go for new visa stamping on the same petition and can same petition be reinstated ?

Thanks

Hi,

I was working with employer A on L1B when they filed COS to H1B in 2012. I got my I797, came to India and went for stamping. There I got 221 (g) and asked to submit additional documents. Just after that, I resigned from my employer to pursue higher studies in India and thus my employer didn't furnish those details. I see a note on 221(g) that if the documents are not submitted within a year then consulate suggest it to be cancelled.

Now, post studies, I joined back the same employer and my H1B petition is valid is Oct2014. My question is that can I go for new visa stamping on the same petition and can same petition be reinstated ?

Thanks

You can go for H1B visa stamping with all H1B related documents.

Archived