Applying H1 while doing masters

jyothireddy4011

hi, 

I am doing masters from a xxx university. This is my first masters. I am working on CPT for a employer for last  1 month . Can I apply for H1B under masters quota while doing masters. If yes please suggest me the approval chances. Beacause for some students who did masters from my university their opt was denied so I am in plan to go for H1B . Please advise..

hi, 

I am doing masters from a xxx university. This is my first masters. I am working on CPT for a employer for last  1 month . Can I apply for H1B under masters quota while doing masters. If yes please suggest me the approval chances. Beacause for some students who did masters from my university their opt was denied so I am in plan to go for H1B . Please advise..

First is your CPT an integral part of your Master's degree curriculum? If not, you are abusing CPT.

An employer cannot apply for H1B in master's quota if you have not graduated.

You seem to be abusing CPT.

An F1 is for studying, not for working.

And for the Masters quota, you have to have a Masters degree from an accredited, public or non-profit private university. That pretty much excludes all the fraud for-profit institutions that allow  CPT.

First thing, you need to stop CPT.

Second, you need to apply at a REAL university.

hi, 

Working in CPT and OPT denails from that University....looks like something is wrong with your "university".

No you cannot file under master's quota without master's degree.

So is that CPT job part of your F1?? I guess your current CPT Job and H1 job are one and the same.

• 1 year later...

Care to tell us the name of the university? You saying they are "good" doesn't necessarily make it so.

You would be in the normal quota. To qualify for the Masters quota, you would have to have finished all courses, which with legitimate CPT you won't have.

Archived