H1-B Transfer: Evaluating foreign bachelors degree


Recommended Posts


My wife is transferring her H1-B from a Desi consultancy to an American company for a full-time position.

During the process of submitting the documents, the attorney of the new company told that we have to get the foreign degree (4-year Bachelors in Computer Sciences and Engg) evaluated.

Is this true ? As this is a transfer, can they rely on the previously approved H1-B to avoid the evaluation process and hence the delay in filing the H1-B ?

The attorney asked if we have any such evaluation documents. Unfortunately, we don't have any such certificate.

Please advise the course of action.


Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.