L1a to H1 Conversion

JaiVinayaka

Hello,

Currently I am on a L1a visa. My visa expires end-April 2014 and the 1-94 expires Aug 2016.

1] If I am offered a job by another employer here in the U.S.; can that employer apply for my H1B visa whilst I am still with my current employer on the L1a visa?

2] If the H1B visa is approved; do I need to go to my home country for stamping before I can start work here with the new employer or I can switch jobs here based on the approved H1B visa?

3] For L1 to H1 coversions; do we need to wait till October or we are valid to start work immediately after H1 approval?

Thank you!

Hello,

Currently I am on a L1a visa. My visa expires end-April 2014 and the 1-94 expires Aug 2016.

1] If I am offered a job by another employer here in the U.S.; can that employer apply for my H1B visa whilst I am still with my current employer on the L1a visa?

2] If the H1B visa is approved; do I need to go to my home country for stamping before I can start work here with the new employer or I can switch jobs here based on the approved H1B visa?

3] For L1 to H1 coversions; do we need to wait till October or we are valid to start work immediately after H1 approval?

Thank you!

1. Yes.

2. If your H1B petition was approved as COS there is no need for stamping to join new employer on H1B.

3. Oct 1st is your earliest start date.

Archived