H1 Transfer - Stamping required if visa validity is more than 90days

AparnaVelagapudi

Hi,

I'm Aparna Velagapudi, working with ***** on a H1Transfer currently.

To give little brief information on my query:

1. I have come to USA from *** on a H1B Visa in the year 2012 Aug. My visa is valid till 1/Oct/2014 wrt ***.
        2. I have recently made a H1B Transfer from *** to ***** i.e.. on Dec 26th 2013.
        3. When I have requested my ***** HR team to help me with raising Stamping Request wrt ***** as i wanted to make a visit to India, this is what I had in response :

John advised that because Aparna has a valid H1B visa stamp from her previous employer, it is not required for her to go to US consulate for new H1B visa stamp. She could just travel to India and return back to US using her previous visa and carrying Approval Notice for the petition filed by *****. She will get her new I-94 form based on the new Approval notice while entering US. Moreover US Consulate may not grand a new visa to Aparna as her old visa stamp is valid for more than 90 days (it is expired on October 2014)

Can you kindly help to validate my HR Response please.

Don't I need a new stamping wrt *****? Am i all good to re-enter USA ?

Regards,

Aparna Velagapudi

Hi,

I'm Aparna Velagapudi, working with ***** on a H1Transfer currently.

To give little brief information on my query:

1. I have come to USA from *** on a H1B Visa in the year 2012 Aug. My visa is valid till 1/Oct/2014 wrt ***.

2. I have recently made a H1B Transfer from *** to ***** i.e.. on Dec 26th 2013.

3. When I have requested my ***** HR team to help me with raising Stamping Request wrt ***** as i wanted to make a visit to India, this is what I had in response :

John advised that because Aparna has a valid H1B visa stamp from her previous employer, it is not required for her to go to US consulate for new H1B visa stamp. She could just travel to India and return back to US using her previous visa and carrying Approval Notice for the petition filed by *****. She will get her new I-94 form based on the new Approval notice while entering US. Moreover US Consulate may not grand a new visa to Aparna as her old visa stamp is valid for more than 90 days (it is expired on October 2014)

Can you kindly help to validate my HR Response please.

Don't I need a new stamping wrt *****? Am i all good to re-enter USA ?

Regards,

Aparna Velagapudi

Yes, you can travel with your old valid H1B visa and new employer's I797.

Archived