H1B Visa CAP Exemption!

Dogfish

Hi Folks,

I got my H1 visa approved in 2008 but applied visa in 2010 and left for USA. I worked there till my expiry date (1.5 Years) and applied for extension and got approved for 3 more years.

But soon after extension, I came to India and stayed here due to personal reasons. In US, my employer cancelled my visa. 

So now, it is 2 years since I left US and in need of H1 visa.

So in this case, am I eligible for my previous CAP exemption or do I need to apply for new quota 2014?

Will my past effect my new visa application?

Regards,

LP

Hi Folks,

I got my H1 visa approved in 2008 but applied visa in 2010 and left for USA. I worked there till my expiry date (1.5 Years) and applied for extension and got approved for 3 more years.

But soon after extension, I came to India and stayed here due to personal reasons. In US, my employer cancelled my visa. 

So now, it is 2 years since I left US and in need of H1 visa.

So in this case, am I eligible for my previous CAP exemption or do I need to apply for new quota 2014?

Will my past effect my new visa application?

Regards,

LP

You are cap exempt. You have the option of asking an employer to file a cap exempt H1B petition and get remainder of H1B years or to file a cap subject H1B petition and get full 6 years.

Archived