H1B approved in 2007 can be transferred now?


Recommended Posts


I got a h1b petition approved in June 2007  ( eligible from oct 2007) which I haven't used so far,never go for stamping as I moved to other country. Can I use that same cap now to transfer to another employer?



Yes, a new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition and on approval you are eligible for 6 years.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jairichi,


Thanks for the update. Could you please elaborate a little more on the new rule or perhaps provide some reference links so that I can get more information






Dear experts at Murthy,


Please can you share any references to the new rule that makes the above cases cap exempt. A friend of mine has a similar case.


Thanks ahead!

Check this post.



Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.