Need help on Port of Entry location

gaurav.it

Dear All,

I got my H1B stamped and my employer is in Washington. My offer letter is also given based on Washington. But, in DS-160 form, I have given my place of stay in Texas, which is my relative's address.

Regarding Port of Entry, can I enter into US through any state ? I am planning to enter through Texas. Will there be any issues ? What documents should I carry to make sure that I face no issues during Port of Entry ? Please clarify

Thanks,

Gaurav.

Dear All,

I got my H1B stamped and my employer is in Washington. My offer letter is also given based on Washington. But, in DS-160 form, I have given my place of stay in Texas, which is my relative's address.

Regarding Port of Entry, can I enter into US through any state ? I am planning to enter through Texas. Will there be any issues ? What documents should I carry to make sure that I face no issues during Port of Entry ? Please clarify

Thanks,

Gaurav.

You can enter US through any airport. No issue with that. You could carry a copy of ticket for your onward journey from POE to your final destination (Washington).

Archived