visitor visa extension

viv_mon

I am planning to apply for visitor visa i-94 extension for my mother-in-law. Her i-94 expires in Second week of April 2014. I have few questions 

1. Do I write and sign the letter explaining the reasons for extension or does she have to write/sign?

2. Do I postpone her travel and provide a copy of new return ticket or just provide the current return ticket copy which is first week of April.

3. What if we don't get the decision before her expiry and she leaves US on/or before her current expiry will this effect her future travel or her B2 visa. I read posts saying that B2 will become void once it gets denied. Is it true?

Please help

Thanks,

viv

I am planning to apply for visitor visa i-94 extension for my mother-in-law. Her i-94 expires in Second week of April 2014. I have few questions 

1. Do I write and sign the letter explaining the reasons for extension or does she have to write/sign?

2. Do I postpone her travel and provide a copy of new return ticket or just provide the current return ticket copy which is first week of April.

3. What if we don't get the decision before her expiry and she leaves US on/or before her current expiry will this effect her future travel or her B2 visa. I read posts saying that B2 will become void once it gets denied. Is it true?

Please help

Thanks,

viv

Reason for extension?

1. She has to.

2. I do not think it is required as if your reason is not valid the request would be denied.

3. If she leaves before her current I94 date there is no problem. But, if she leaves after current I94 expiry date and denial of extension her B2 visa becomes invalid for any further travel to US.

Archived