Consulting on H1B


Recommended Posts



I am an Indian citizen on a H1B visa. Recently I got an offer to act as a consultant (work remotely) for an Indian company. The consulting charge would be paid in Indian currency in India. I would like to know if this is legal for a person holding a H1 status in the US.

You can work only for your employer in US. Any other employment, even if it is remote working is not allowed and is illegal.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.