Sponsoring citizenship

deep_bi

I am citizen and I wish to file greencard for my sister who are in India.How hard is this process.My sister is 50 years old and she has 2 kids who are above 22 years.Due to personnel reasons I wish her to stay with me.I have mother/father too in India.Is this case actually possible,if so how many years will it take.

I am citizen and I wish to file greencard for my sister who are in India.How hard is this process.My sister is 50 years old and she has 2 kids who are above 22 years.Due to personnel reasons I wish her to stay with me.I have mother/father too in India.Is this case actually possible,if so how many years will it take.

Yes, it is not that complicated. But, it would take at least 10 plus years for your sister to get GC. Hope you are aware of that.

The basic information is listed in the Department of State monthly Visa Bulletin.  The permanent residency family based fourth (FB-4) preference category (India) for brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens has a backlog of ~ 13-1/2 years.  (You cannot sponsor your sister's children.  They could only be sponsored by your sister once she was a permanent resident (and they were unmarried), and then it would be another ~7-1/2 years (currently) for them to get permanent residency.)

Archived