H-1 extension\Transfer to parent company


Recommended Posts


I work for company A since last 5.5 years and they filed my labor and 140 and both are approved.But I dont have any doc for that except my original H-1B visa copy.

   Company B bought company A. My H-1 renewal is due in near future and they are saying they will move me from company A to B by H-1 transfer. They are not sure if they have to file my labor and H-1 again or they are not telling me how it will work.

  My question is if I will be transferred to other company and if my labor and 140 has to be reapplied then I dont want to go with company B. I have some other offer that I can accept.But as said above I have nothing except my H-1B original so can I go with company C and they will do my H-1 transfer as well as my labor and GC without changing my priority date just with H-1 document? Company A will not provide me any document. Is there a way I can request them legally and they will give me all my doc to remain my PD?? Please reply. Thanks

Link to comment

You can file a FOIA request to obtain a copy of the I-140 Approval Notice. However, you should speak directly with an attorney to discuss the options available to you. The Murthy Law Firm has very well-regarded attorneys with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.