L1 to H1

mj_ilu143

I came to USA on L1B visa for company A and the same company filed my H1B for COS and now I am on H1B status. I am going to India in march and taken appointment for visa stamping.

Now I got an offer from company B and would like to join the company B after coming back from India. Can company B initidate my transfer now it self? or i need to wait until my visa get stamped through company A?

I came to USA on L1B visa for company A and the same company filed my H1B for COS and now I am on H1B status. I am going to India in march and taken appointment for visa stamping.

Now I got an offer from company B and would like to join the company B after coming back from India. Can company B initidate my transfer now it self? or i need to wait until my visa get stamped through company A?

Company B can file a cap exempt H1B petition even now. But, if you intend to work for company B on your return to US you would need a valid H1B visa and company B's I797 to enter US.

Company B can file a cap exempt H1B petition even now. But, if you intend to work for company B on your return to US you would need a valid H1B visa and company B's I797 to enter US.

Archived