Working from Europe for an Year for the same employer while on H1B

MottyMathews

HI , 

I am currently on H1B and working in US. My H1B started on Oct 1st 2013 and is valid till Sept 09 , 2016( I haven't got it stamped yet) . My company would like to send me to Europe to work from there for an Year .

Here is my travel itenary .  

1. Going to Europe on April 1st, 2014 ( tendative dates)

2. Going to India from Europe to stamp my visa around May 2nd week .Will be in India for a month . 

3. Coming back to Europe directly from India and working in Europe for an Year ,

4. Coming back to US directly from Europe OR coming back to US from EU via India ( not decided which one yet)

It would be really helpful if i could get some information on the below  

1. Will there be any issues while coming back to US after working outside US  ?

2. What are the things i should keep in mind while working outside USA , and  holding an valid H1B, so that while coming back i don't face any issues . 

Any help appreciated . 

HI , 

I am currently on H1B and working in US. My H1B started on Oct 1st 2013 and is valid till Sept 09 , 2016( I haven't got it stamped yet) . My company would like to send me to Europe to work from there for an Year .

Here is my travel itenary .  

1. Going to Europe on April 1st, 2014 ( tendative dates)

2. Going to India from Europe to stamp my visa around May 2nd week .Will be in India for a month . 

3. Coming back to Europe directly from India and working in Europe for an Year ,

4. Coming back to US directly from Europe OR coming back to US from EU via India ( not decided which one yet)

It would be really helpful if i could get some information on the below  

1. Will there be any issues while coming back to US after working outside US  ?

2. What are the things i should keep in mind while working outside USA , and  holding an valid H1B, so that while coming back i don't face any issues . 

Any help appreciated . 

1. No, as long as your H1B petition was not revoked by employer.

2. Nothing, as your stay outside US has nothing to do with H1B.

Archived