OPT extension RFE - E-verify number

lenny89

Hello everyone!

I received an RFE from the Vermont Center saying that:

USCIS is in receipt of your Employment Authorization Application (Form I-765) that was filed by you on****. However, further information is needed to complete the processing of your application.

In order to be eligible for a 17-month extension of your employment authorization based on post completion optional practical training under the STEM rule, you must provide USCIS with the name of your employer (as listed in E-verify) and your employer's E-verify Company ID number. If your employer is using a Designated Agent to perform the E-verify queries, a valid E-verify Client Company ID number must be provided. 

Your application for employment authorization indicates your employer is***. However, the E-verify Company/Client Company I.D. number listed on your Form I-765, is not assigned to this employer. Please provide USCIS with the name of your employer and your employer's correct E-verify Company/Client Company I.D. number (as it is shown in E-Verify).

I am very confused because my company gave me the printed page of the MOU with the exact number I gave in my I-765 form.

On top of the MOU it says: - Company ID number: [a 5 digit number]

- Client Company ID number: [a 6 digit number]

I gave them the 5 digit number. The thing is my company had an agent to register for E-verify (E-verify Employer Agent). I wonder if I should gave USCIS the client Company ID number instead of the company ID number?

I have 90 days to respond to this RFE. Is it a serious RFE? Should I contact a lawyer about this? Our HR department is confused about this too because we just joined E-verify. My company is a state agency and doesn't have an immigration lawyer at the moment. I'm the first foreign employee they hired and they are still in the process of choosing an immigration lawyer.

Thanks everyone for any advice you can give me!

Hello everyone!

I received an RFE from the Vermont Center saying that:

I am very confused because my company gave me the printed page of the MOU with the exact number I gave in my I-765 form.

On top of the MOU it says: - Company ID number: [a 5 digit number]

- Client Company ID number: [a 6 digit number]

I gave them the 5 digit number. The thing is my company had an agent to register for E-verify (E-verify Employer Agent). I wonder if I should gave USCIS the client Company ID number instead of the company ID number?

I have 90 days to respond to this RFE. Is it a serious RFE? Should I contact a lawyer about this? Our HR department is confused about this too because we just joined E-verify. My company is a state agency and doesn't have an immigration lawyer at the moment. I'm the first foreign employee they hired and they are still in the process of choosing an immigration lawyer.

Thanks everyone for any advice you can give me!

If your employer does not know then take the help of a good attorney. As long as you can provide details for RFE then you should be fine.

If your employer does not know then take the help of a good attorney. As long as you can provide details for RFE then you should be fine.

Thank you very much. A lawyer consulted me to print out the first page of the MOU and send it with a cover letter.

I have another question tho. USCIS told me to send it to VT center with area code 05479-0001 but I tried to put it in USPS and they changed it to 05479-9000, which also said USCIS. Is it the right address when the zip+4 digits are different?

Thanks for your help!

Archived