Receive GC while abroad - travelling on AP


Recommended Posts

if you are on a short term trip* outside the U.S., .e.g. a few days to weeks vacation, visiting family, business trip, and your permanent residency visa (green card) is approved and issued while you are outside the U.S., it is my understanding that you will be admitted back to the U.S. as a permanent resident (in effect 'receive' your permanent residency visa at the port of entry).  You will still receive your physical green card in the U.S.  (* Of course, this is prefaced that your travel outside the U.S. is not an extended trip to your home country, which could be deemed as abandoning your I-485 adjustment of status application even if you have approved advance parole.)

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.