How to apply H1 in Master's quota when sevis is completed

harry21

Hi,

I ha ve finished my Master's and applied for OPT and worked, My opt extension got denied and so my sevis was compkleted, so to be in status I have applied for another school for my 2nd master's, as my old sevis completed I got a new sevis number and went out of the border and came back in to activate that sevis

Now my question is I have to apply h1b this year, how should i or I can i apply it in master's quota?

Hi,

I ha ve finished my Master's and applied for OPT and worked, My opt extension got denied and so my sevis was compkleted, so to be in status I have applied for another school for my 2nd master's, as my old sevis completed I got a new sevis number and went out of the border and came back in to activate that sevis

Now my question is I have to apply h1b this year, how should i or I can i apply it in master's quota?

If your master's is from an accredited, state university or private, non profit university your employer can file your H1B petition in master's quota.

Hi,

By using your Master's degree. But did you finished your second master's??

Thank You so much for the replies.

I have completed my first Master's and I have a master's degree, but I am not done with my second masters

So can I apply H1 using my 1st Masters degree certificate?

Please advice

You can. But what will you reply when vo asks "why didn't you completed your second master's??"

I suggest you to complete your second master's too.

Thank You so much for the replies.

I have completed my first Master's and I have a master's degree, but I am not done with my second masters

So can I apply H1 using my 1st Masters degree certificate?

Please advice

Yes, if your master's is from an accredited, state university or private, non profit university your employer can file your H1B petition in master's quota.

Archived