Travel to India when H1 Extn is pending

aarna123

I will be completing 6th year on H1 visa by March 31st 2014.  This week, my employer applied for H1 extn. on normal processing based on I-140 approval.  I need to travel to India due to some family emergency

Pls reply me on following:

1. As my H1 extn. after 6yrs term is still in process and not yet approved, will I be able to travel to India and come back to US before expiry date of my visa, i.e., March 31st 2014 without any issues. 

2. In case if extension is approved when I go India and if I want to come back before March 31st 2014, are there any issues to com back US on my valid visa.  Do I need to go for stamping based on my extn got approved?

3. Do I need to carry any client docs to come back before March 31st on my existing visa?

I will be completing 6th year on H1 visa by March 31st 2014.  This week, my employer applied for H1 extn. on normal processing based on I-140 approval.  I need to travel to India due to some family emergency

1. As my H1 extn. after 6yrs term is still in process and not yet approved, will I be able to travel to India and come back to US before expiry date of my visa, i.e., March 31st 2014 without any issues. 

2. In case if extension is approved when I go India and if I want to come back before March 31st 2014, are there any issues to com back US on my valid visa.  Do I need to go for stamping based on my extn got approved?

3. Do I need to carry any client docs to come back before March 31st on my existing visa?

1. Yes, you should be fine.

2. If you cannot fly before your H1B visa validity then you need to go for stamping.

3. Carry all H1B related documents.

Change into premium..will get in 3-5 days.

Archived