what is the best way(visa) to quit job and start a startup

velminator

I am currently working as a full time employee on h1b visa for a company. I would like to quit my job and pursue few ideas i have for 6 months to a year. If things go well , i might take my single person startup to next stage (incubator etc )[convince few friends to come join me! ;) ] or if it goes kaboom! i will go back to my previous company or worst case search for another job . 

Please kindly educate me on the possible visa options i have.

For example:

1.) Convert to visitor visa and work on my ideas for 6 months.

2.) Join a community college and register light weight courses and work as much as i can on my ideas

3.) Dunno if i can sponsor my own visa?

Thanks

I am currently working as a full time employee on h1b visa for a company. I would like to quit my job and pursue few ideas i have for 6 months to a year. If things go well , i might take my single person startup to next stage (incubator etc )[convince few friends to come join me! ;) ] or if it goes kaboom! i will go back to my previous company or worst case search for another job . 

Please kindly educate me on the possible visa options i have.

For example:

1.) Convert to visitor visa and work on my ideas for 6 months.

2.) Join a community college and register light weight courses and work as much as i can on my ideas

3.) Dunno if i can sponsor my own visa?

Thanks

1. Absolutely illegal.

2. Absolutely illegal.

3. You can, if you qualify for GC based on being an investor by investing 1 million or half a million (in high unemployment or rural area). Look in USCIS website. Talk to a good attorney.

Archived