Confusing 221g Message

santykumar

Hi All,

I applied for H1B in 2011 Sep and got 221g pink slip. After submission of required document, I got below mail after 6 months from USCI vfs mumbai.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the US Consulate your application was refused and your petition was returned to KCC on. Once KCC receives a petition, it will return it to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation.  Please direct all future inquiries regarding your case to the approving USCIS office.

- Is it same as "A denial under Section 221(g)" 

This time I am again filing the H1B and my employer want to know the old case status. 

Thanks,

Satya

Hi All,

I applied for H1B in 2011 Sep and got 221g pink slip. After submission of required document, I got below mail after 6 months from USCI vfs mumbai.

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the US Consulate your application was refused and your petition was returned to KCC on. Once KCC receives a petition, it will return it to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation.  Please direct all future inquiries regarding your case to the approving USCIS office.

- Is it same as "A denial under Section 221(g)" 

This time I am again filing the H1B and my employer want to know the old case status. 

Thanks,

Satya

It is 221g denial. Give a copy of this to your new employer.

But when I check my case status in https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do than it's showing status as :

Your Case Status:
Post Decision Activity

Post Decision Activity

On January 30, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

In case of 221g denial, the status remain the same as Post Decision Activity 

Thanks,
Satya
Your Case Status:
Post Decision Activity

Your Case Status:
Post Decision Activity

But when I check my case status in https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do than it's showing status as :

Your Case Status:
Post Decision Activity

Post Decision Activity

On January 30, 2012, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

In case of 221g denial, the status remain the same as Post Decision Activity 

Thanks,
Satya
Your Case Status:

Post Decision Activity

Your Case Status:

Post Decision Activity

Either your employer can contact USCIS or USCIS would contact your employer to make a final decision on your petition.

Archived