Sponsoring visitor visa for brother-in-law

gopal1a

Hi,

My brother-in-law wants to come to US on visitor visa. I am planning to sponsor it. He is also planning to apply for H1B petition this year. If his h1b petition gets approved after visiting US on visitor visa, he wants to apply for change of status from B1 to H1. If he does that, will it have any impact on my H1B status. Does it create any bad mark on my status? Does it affect my ability to sponsor my parents and in-laws in future. 

Thanks

gopal

Hi,

My brother-in-law wants to come to US on visitor visa. I am planning to sponsor it. He is also planning to apply for H1B petition this year. If his h1b petition gets approved after visiting US on visitor visa, he wants to apply for change of status from B1 to H1. If he does that, will it have any impact on my H1B status. Does it create any bad mark on my status? Does it affect my ability to sponsor my parents and in-laws in future. 

Thanks

gopal

There is no sponsorship for visitor visa. Let your brother-in-law leave US after his visit with B2 visa. Once his H1B gets approved let him enter US with a valid H1B visa. His visa process will not have any effect on your status.

Archived