Sponsoring visitor visa for brother-in-law

gopal1a

Hi,

I have question regarding visitor visa sponsoring. My brother-in-law wants to come to USA on visitor visa, i am planning to sponsor it.  He is also filing for H1B petition this year. If it gets approved after coming on visitor visa, he want to apply for change of status from B1 to H1B. He wants continue working once it is approved.

If he does that, does it create any bad mark on my h1b status? Does it effect my ability to sponsor my parents and in-laws in future?

Thanks

gopal

Hi,

I have question regarding visitor visa sponsoring. My brother-in-law wants to come to USA on visitor visa, i am planning to sponsor it.  He is also filing for H1B petition this year. If it gets approved after coming on visitor visa, he want to apply for change of status from B1 to H1B. He wants continue working once it is approved.

If he does that, does it create any bad mark on my h1b status? Does it effect my ability to sponsor my parents and in-laws in future?

Thanks

gopal

First of all there is no sponsorship involved. Your brother in law has to apply and submit his documents. Even if his H1B gets approved he cannot start working immediately as the earliest start date is 1st Oct. It would be better if he leaves US after his travel on B2 visa and later enter US with a valid H1B visa.

Hi,

Thanks

gopal

Their is no sponsorship for visiting visa. Their will be less chances of getting visiting visa if his H1 is filed, bcos he has to convince vo that he will come back after some days.

Archived