************* H1b and Green Card

ghosh84

Hello,

I am on H1b visa with 4 years left. I have been given an offer by ********** with a promise that they will do GC in 6 months. Its not on offer letter (their policy doesn't allow that),but i believe them.

Do you guys have any experience with ************** immigration process?

Hello,

I am on H1b visa with 4 years left. I have been given an offer by ********** with a promise that they will do GC in 6 months. Its not on offer letter (their policy doesn't allow that),but i believe them.

Do you guys have any experience with ************** immigration process?

google it dude....

If the potential employer sees value in employing you and if you make sponsorship, support, and payment of costs of your permanent residency (green card) process a condition of your employment, then a reputable employer would be willing to put "a promise" in writing as part of an offer letter and/or agreement.  That is the way honest business is conducted with promises made official and formalized in writing.

Of course, typical conditions of such a written offer maybe a customary probationary period before initiating the permanent residency process, reciprocal commitment by the employer to remain with the employer.  You should have any such written offer and/or agreement reviewed by an employment attorney to ensure it is legal and reasonable, especially if there are any conditions regarding reimbursement of immigration related costs.

Archived