Can we work for the two clients on H1B.

go2rock141

Hi all ,

My H1 b is recently approved and i have some questions.

1. If i work for Client A through Employer 'E'.Can i Work for the Client B through same Employer 'E'.
  2. If i work for Client A through Employer 'E'.Can i Work for the Client B through same Employer 'Z'.

This could be very basic questions .Can you please let me know.

Thanks in Advance !!

You can work for clients your employer sends you to.

If you want to work for another employer in addition to the current employer, the other employer would have to file a concurrent H1. And you would have to check your employment contract if it allows working for somebody else on the side. Most contracts don't allow that.

If you are working for the same employer, a change in client generally means change in work location. In such situations , your employer can file new LCA for the new location and possibly an H1 amendment and you can work for the new client.

This is a very common situation for most consulting companies where people move from client to client all the time.

For specific details, its always a good idea to consult an attorney.

Hi all ,

My H1 b is recently approved and i have some questions.

1. If i work for Client A through Employer 'E'.Can i Work for the Client B through same Employer 'E'.
  2. If i work for Client A through Employer 'E'.Can i Work for the Client B through same Employer 'Z'.

This could be very basic questions .Can you please let me know.

Thanks in Advance !!

If you work for different clients then your employer has to file for amendment for each client.

If you work for different clients then your employer has to file for amendment for each client.

Not necessarily true.  I sometimes work on 3 or 4 client projects over the same period (sometimes switching back and forth on a daily basis).  The key here is that I work at my employer's location with occasional business trips to meet with a client for a few days to a couple weeks (but am not permanently working at my client's location).  Therefore no LCA or H-1B visa amendments are necessary.  This is a traditional professional services consulting model versus simply providing people type of 'consulting' that has become common.

Not necessarily true.  I sometimes work on 3 or 4 client projects over the same period (sometimes switching back and forth on a daily basis).  The key here is that I work at my employer's location with occasional business trips to meet with a client for a few days to a couple weeks (but am not permanently working at my client's location).  Therefore no LCA or H-1B visa amendments are necessary.  This is a traditional professional services consulting model versus simply providing people type of 'consulting' that has become common.

If that's "occasional" then its fine bcos the primary work location didn't changed.

Archived