unpaid internship on h4 visa

anilbhat74

I am on h1b visa. My I140 is approved on eb2 with a pd of apr 2010. I want my wife to start an unpaid internship in my office to gain some exposure. My hr says that this is not a possibility due to labor laws as the company will have to provide accident insurance which could be treated as a benefit. Any alternate options availavle for unpaid internship.

I am on h1b visa. My I140 is approved on eb2 with a pd of apr 2010. I want my wife to start an unpaid internship in my office to gain some exposure. My hr says that this is not a possibility due to labor laws as the company will have to provide accident insurance which could be treated as a benefit. Any alternate options availavle for unpaid internship.

Unpaid internship is still work. And its ILLEGAL to work on H4.

In other words what she is doing is not allowed on H4.

No unpaid internship could be taken on H4. It is illegal.

Archived