Parallel Application H1B

kums20

Dear All,

I am currently working with Employer A and they are ready to apply for H1B and it is in process. Considering the lottery system, I am planning to apply for H1B with company B, though I have found one yet. I am not sure what difficulties I will face here. Assuming that, I will get such a employer who is willing to sponsor me, I have the following questions. I searched the forum for similar questions, but I was unable to find comprehensive answers. I am totally new for the whole subject. Please excuse if I sound silly here.

1. Since I have my Masters' from USA (which may probably increase the probability of successful by a thin slice), is it OK to apply two H1Bs?

2.. If USCIS comes to know about two applications will they reject both applications? Do they make deliberate attempts to find that or any action is taken only if they find by chance? 

3.Should I inform my second application to my current employer explaining the situation?

4. I am a FTE now. If I get approved with other employer, how do I negotiate with the current employer and what should ideally happen next? Do I need to move to the second employer (bodyshopper) or make some arrangements to negotiate contract position with the current employer through employee B?

5. What should I do if both of the applications are successful?

Thanks & Regards,

Kums20

Dear All,

I am currently working with Employer A and they are ready to apply for H1B and it is in process. Considering the lottery system, I am planning to apply for H1B with company B, though I have found one yet. I am not sure what difficulties I will face here. Assuming that, I will get such a employer who is willing to sponsor me, I have the following questions. I searched the forum for similar questions, but I was unable to find comprehensive answers. I am totally new for the whole subject. Please excuse if I sound silly here.

1. Since I have my Masters' from USA (which may probably increase the probability of successful by a thin slice), is it OK to apply two H1Bs?

2.. If USCIS comes to know about two applications will they reject both applications? Do they make deliberate attempts to find that or any action is taken only if they find by chance? 

3.Should I inform my second application to my current employer explaining the situation?

4. I am a FTE now. If I get approved with other employer, how do I negotiate with the current employer and what should ideally happen next? Do I need to move to the second employer (bodyshopper) or make some arrangements to negotiate contract position with the current employer through employee B?

5. What should I do if both of the applications are successful?

Thanks & Regards,

Kums20

1. Yes, provided they are filed by different employers. For masters quota your master's degree should be from an accredited, state or private and non-profit university.

2. No.

3. Not necessary.

4. That is based on your contract with current employer.

5. Choose whoever you want to join.

Why would a company file an H1 for you (and pay for it) when you don't have the intention to work for them?

No sane employer would do that. Commit to one employer, and let them handle things. FTE is definitely better than some shady consulting company.

Archived