221g Query

santykumar

Hi All,

I have query regarding 221g.

I went for visa interview in Sep-11 and got 221g pink slip. I have submitted all required documents in 1 week and after 6 month of follow up, I got below mail from vfs office :

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the US Consulate your application was refused and your petition was returned to KCC on. Once KCC receives a petition, it will return it to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation.  Please direct all future inquiries regarding your case to the approving USCIS office

- What is the meaning of above message ? Is it same as "A denial under Section 221(g)"  ?

- Is there any difference between 221g and visa rejection ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Satya

Hi All,

I have query regarding 221g.

I went for visa interview in Sep-11 and got 221g pink slip. I have submitted all required documents in 1 week and after 6 month of follow up, I got below mail from vfs office :

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

As per the US Consulate your application was refused and your petition was returned to KCC on. Once KCC receives a petition, it will return it to the approving office of the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for review and possible revocation.  Please direct all future inquiries regarding your case to the approving USCIS office

- What is the meaning of above message ? Is it same as "A denial under Section 221(g)"  ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Satya

USCIS is asked by US consulate to reconsider your H1B approval. High possibility of your H1B petition being canceled. Talk to your employer's attorney. 

Yes it is

the first time they sent you back with a 221g , it was not yet a refusal

the second time when they updated you that they are sending the case back to USCIS, it is a refusal.

USCIS is asked by US consulate to reconsider your H1B approval. High possibility of your H1B petition being canceled. Talk to your employer's attorney. 

Nope, Normally these cases take forever to be processed. highly likely that USCIS will ask for additional documentation and approve if everything is good. I have read about cases where USCIS directly response to consulate saying that everything looks good for them. But the sad part is, since this process takes for ever, it is highly likely that the employee would either lose his job or switch to another.

This happened to me, I got a 221G in Hyd Consulate in May 2011, submitted all the documents in June 2011 and received same message in October 2011. After an year in Dec 2012 I received call from Hyd consulate telling me that the verification is completed and asked me to attend for re interview and my visa is approved.

Totally it took 1Year 7 Months and there are cases where it is resolved in less than 3 months too, so you never know how this works. but pray to god and hope for the best.

Archived