Choosing consulate location for H4 visa

krishna101010

Hi,

I have a couple questions, my fiance has a karnataka passport. I have a H1b stamped and am from Hyderabad.

After marriage which is on feb 10th, 2014 she will move to my home address in hyderabad.

She is applying for her H4 visa....and

1) Can we apply in hyderabad us consulate instead of chennai..even though the passport she has is issued at bangalore in karnataka?

2) I am currently filling her ds-160...Can i choose the status as "married" and keep the H4 visa interview date after the marriage? I am not sure about this...as right now she is still single...but at the time of the interview...(which will be either feb 13th or 14th...) she will be married..

Thank you!

Hi,

I have a couple questions, my fiance has a karnataka passport. I have a H1b stamped and am from Hyderabad.

After marriage which is on feb 10th, 2014 she will move to my home address in hyderabad.

She is applying for her H4 visa....and

1) Can we apply in hyderabad us consulate instead of chennai..even though the passport she has is issued at bangalore in karnataka?

2) I am currently filling her ds-160...Can i choose the status as "married" and keep the H4 visa interview date after the marriage? I am not sure about this...as right now she is still single...but at the time of the interview...(which will be either feb 13th or 14th...) she will be married..

Thank you!

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

Archived