Visitor Visa (B1/B2)- got H1B visa need to go for stamping

visaprocess17

Hi,

I got my visitor visa 10yrs multiple entry. I came to USA in Aug'2011 and returned to India in Dec'2011.

Again came to USA on Apr 1st 2012 in the mean time I processed my H1B papers near my employer, when I came on 1st of April he took my I-94 Xerox and posted my H1B to USCIS, I got approved in Jul'2012. Now I m working near my employer it self, running pay stubs, just got my W2 form also. I'm planning to go to India in March, so would like to go for stamping to Jamaica, Please suggest me whether will it be a problem, if VO asks why did you change from B1/B2 to H1B what should be my answer.

I applied my B1/B2 on my own nothing official, personal purpose to visit my cousins.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

I got my visitor visa 10yrs multiple entry. I came to USA in Aug'2011 and returned to India in Dec'2011.

Again came to USA on Apr 1st 2012 in the mean time I processed my H1B papers near my employer, when I came on 1st of April he took my I-94 Xerox and posted my H1B to USCIS, I got approved in Jul'2012. Now I m working near my employer it self, running pay stubs, just got my W2 form also. I'm planning to go to India in March, so would like to go for stamping to Jamaica, Please suggest me whether will it be a problem, if VO asks why did you change from B1/B2 to H1B what should be my answer.

I applied my B1/B2 on my own nothing official, personal purpose to visit my cousins.

Thanks in Advance.

No issue to get a visa stamping done as long as your documents are good. When asked the reason by VO for COS from B1/B2 to H1B answer the truth.

Why are you making a special trip for stamping? The rules are the same for all sites. Get stamping when you are on vacation. STOP LISTENING TO RUMORS THAT YOU WILL BE DENIED IN INDIA.

YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY (Yes I am yelling because I am really tired of people asking what the "best" lie is.)

Archived