What to do if waiver approval bounce back?

aravindan

Hello,

I am waiting for my J1 waiver approvals from MHRD, Delhi and Chennai passport office since August/2013. I came to know through a friend in Delhi that my waiver approval bounce back from US to India. I have changed my apt in US and in the cover letter mentioned new contact address to be send. But still it might have gone to the wrong address.  Is it possible for me to authorize my friend to collect the application in person from Delhi or is there anyother option to get it fast?

Also, from Chennai passport office, we are not able to know the status. Is there any number/email available to contact the right people there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aravindan

Hello,

I am waiting for my J1 waiver approvals from MHRD, Delhi and Chennai passport office since August/2013. I came to know through a friend in Delhi that my waiver approval bounce back from US to India. I have changed my apt in US and in the cover letter mentioned new contact address to be send. But still it might have gone to the wrong address.  Is it possible for me to authorize my friend to collect the application in person from Delhi or is there anyother option to get it fast?

Also, from Chennai passport office, we are not able to know the status. Is there any number/email available to contact the right people there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aravindan

Yes, you could authorize someone to collect it from the authorities in India on your behalf. MHRD will be sending a copy of NOC to your Indian consulate. Chennai passport office will send their NOC directly to Indian consulate. Not sure about Delhi home ministry office. Contact your Indian consulate and ask them whether they received NOCs for you. Sometime if they received two NOCs they would not mind giving you a final NOC to proceed to next step.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have sent an authorization letter to my friend in Delhi. Also forwaded the same to MHRD J1 waiver section.  As I already received NOC from Home ministry, Kerala, once I get approval from Delhi, planning to visit NY consulate. Meanwhile, I have sent an email to NY consulate to check whether they received my waiver from passport office.

Hope these things will work out now!

Aravindan

Archived