Use the Perm approval from one employer to file i-140 with other

suharis

I am currently on my last month (feb 2014) of h1 max out, and PERM is applied in Aug 2013. My employer dont want to continue with next steps such as 1-140 or others if perm is approved beyond feb 2014. i am thinking only option is to go back to india and find out a new job there.

But recently heard from someone that if i get this PERM as approved, some other company can apply i-140 on behalf of me with this PERM number. Is this possible? if you have heard any of this options pls let me know.

also if you see any other options to return back to US pls let me know.

thanks

I am currently on my last month (feb 2014) of h1 max out, and PERM is applied in Aug 2013. My employer dont want to continue with next steps such as 1-140 or others if perm is approved beyond feb 2014. i am thinking only option is to go back to india and find out a new job there.

But recently heard from someone that if i get this PERM as approved, some other company can apply i-140 on behalf of me with this PERM number. Is this possible? if you have heard any of this options pls let me know.

also if you see any other options to return back to US pls let me know.

thanks

No. New employer has to start everything from scratch for GC process.

You heard wrong. Don't listen to rumors.

PERMISSION is specific to the employer. A new employer would have to start the process from scratch.

Argh. Another auto-correction error from the smartphone...

I meant "PERM is specific to the employer."

As was mentioned, substitute labor is long gone.

Archived