NORI Procedure.

munmunandy

Hi All,

My wife is on j1-visa and she is here from almost 2 years, I was reading about the waiver process and understood that first thing would be to get a NOC from our home country. As part of process we need to submit the Passport along with copies of few pages in there.

Her visa Stamping is expired on aug 2013, her program is still continuing and valid until July-2015. 

So in order to start the procedure we need to first renew her visa and then only we can proceed further?

Is my understanding correct??

regards.

Hi All,

My wife is on j1-visa and she is here from almost 2 years, I was reading about the waiver process and understood that first thing would be to get a NOC from our home country. As part of process we need to submit the Passport along with copies of few pages in there.

Her visa Stamping is expired on aug 2013, her program is still continuing and valid until July-2015. 

So in order to start the procedure we need to first renew her visa and then only we can proceed further?

Is my understanding correct??

regards.

No need for new visa stamping as long as she does not plan to leave US. What is the expiry date on her DS2019 and I94? I hope you are aware that once she gets a waiver she can be on J1 status only till the expiry date mentioned in her DS2019. After that she has to move to a different visa category.

Archived